- Definitions - "We" and "Us" refer to TornadoHistoryProject.com. "You" or "Your" refers to the person or individual registering for an account (or previously registered) and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is Your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions each time before using the Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes will mean that You accept and agree to the changes. You agree that all subsequent usage of the Site by You will be subject to these Terms and Conditions, which shall apply until We post modified Terms and Conditions and then in accordance with such modified Terms and Conditions. As long as You comply with these Terms and Conditions and any such modifications, We grant You a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited privilege to enter and use the Site.
- Data Accuracy - You agree not to submit false or fraudulent information. Submitting false data may lead to an immediate and permanent ban on your account.
- Data Usage - The historical data used on the site may be exported and used for non-commercial purposes only. You may not use content from the site for any other purpose without written authorization from TornadoHistoryProject.com
- User Content - While you retain ownership of content you submit to the site (photos or videos), you grant TornadoHistoryProject.com the right to display such content on the site without restriction, for an indefinite period.
- No Responsibility for User-Submitted Content - While the administrators and moderators of this site will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable or copyrighted material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every item. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to this site express the views and opinions of the author of the post and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
- User Behavior - You agree not to post any intentionally misleading, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). You also agree not to submit any copyrighted material, such as photos, without the consent of the copyright owner. The IP address of all submissions is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
- Right to Modify - You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this site have the right to remove or edit any item at any time should they see fit.
- User Registration - By registering for an account, you agree to be bound by these conditions.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless TornadoHistoryProject.com from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party arising out of or related to Your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or Your violation of any law, regulation or third-party right.
- Governing Law. All legal issues arising from or related to the use of the Site shall be construed in accordance with, and all questions with respect thereto shall be determined by, the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to conflict of law principles. By using the Site and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, You agree that jurisdiction and venue shall be proper only in the state and federal courts located in Champaign County, Illinois, USA.
- Complete Agreement. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersede any other agreement, proposals and communications, written or oral, between TornadoHistoryProject.com and You.
This policy explains how TornadoHistoryProject.com uses any information collected from you ("your information"). Your information is collected via two ways. First, browsing TornadoHistoryProject.com will cause the web software to create a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded to your computer's web browser temporary files. The cookies simply store a user identifier and/or an anonymous random session identifier, automatically assigned to you by the web software. No personal information is stored in TornadoHistoryProject.com cookies. The second way in which TornadoHistoryProject.com collects your information is by what you submit to TornadoHistoryProject.com. This can be, and is not limited to: registering for a user account ("your account") and posting comments and photos.
Your account will at a minimum contain a valid email address ("your email") and a personal password used for logging into your account ("your password"). Any information provided to TornadoHistoryProject.com beyond that required for registration is provided at your option. TornadoHistoryProject.com will take reasonable measures to protect your information, but can not be held liable for the release of your information due to hacking attempts. Furthermore, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated e-mails related to your account at TornadoHistoryProject.com.
Your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your password is the means of accessing your account at TornadoHistoryProject.com, so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with TornadoHistoryProject.com, or another 3rd party, legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you may request a new temporary password to reclaim your account.